Creation of an Investment Fund in Luxembourg
About Finhub Capital
Purpose and objectives of the investment Fund
The share capital of the Partnership is represented by:
- Manager share subscribed by the General Partner,
- Preferred shares subscribed by the Initial Limited Partners,
- Limited shares subscribed by any additional Limited Partners.
The Fund will established with a subscribed capital of fifty million euros (50,000,000 euros.-) based on the financial assessment of liquid tangible assets, which is distributed over 10,000 (ten thousand) preferred shares (General Partner Share) with a nominal value of 50 euro.
Additionally, 1,000,000 (one million) ordinary shares (Limited Partner Shares) of the initial class with a nominal value of 50 euro will be issued, which consist of shares of capitalization. The Fund’s profits allocated to the original class will, in principle, be directly reinvested in the Fund.
Thanks to the knowledge and expertise of the Initial Limited Partner’s team and the assistance of dedicated experts in asset and property management, the Fund was set up to propose a tailor made product to meet the specific needs of institutional and sophisticated investors, family offices and High Net worth Individuals.
The Fund aims to produce positive returns with medium/high volatility (range and frequency of price movement). Part of net income the Fund generates will be reinvested and reflected in the value of shares.
The specific expenditure of the investment money in each individual case will be held according to the business plan of each project and timeline as the annex to it. Expenditure of investment money is subject to approval by the Fund’s Investment Committee.
Special Limited Partnership
The recent EU Directive on Alternative Investment Fund Managers (‘AIFMD’) transposed to the Luxembourgish law expanded the corporate legal framework by introducing a new form of limited partnership – a special limited partnership (sociétéen commandite special or a SCSp).
The new SCSp is similar to the Anglo-Saxon Limited Partnerships, which are characterized by the corporate flexibility and tax transparency. Therefore, the new SCSp’s shall be particularly attractive to investors, in in the fields of real estate and private equity sector. The main specificity of the SCSp is that it is not vested with legal personality, although the assets can be registered in the name of the partnership.
In regard to application of income tax the Luxembourg Tax Law (LTL) considers that such SCSp’s are deemed as tax transparent.
- The voting and distribution rights do not need to be proportional to the contributions of partners and can be freely determined by the partnership agreement
- Rights to information can be restricted in the partnership agreement, as well as the access of the partners to the shareholder registry
- Partnership interests can take the form of cash, contribution in kind
- Partnership interests can be represented by securities, which can be issued freely including for new partners as per the limited partnership agreement
- The partnership can issue debt securities
Filling the investment Fund
Filling the investment Fund
The umbrella structure of the projects
Finhub Capital Fund N.V. completes acquisition
The team at Arcona Capital has a very clear goal:
- As previously announced the Fund has put five properties up for sale in Košice, Slovakia.
- CBRE has been appointed as selling agent. A number of parties have already expressed interest in the properties.